Carrie Boyd, in addition to being a very kind and hilarious person, is a Food & Entertaining Editor at Better Homes & Gardens.
“Remember concerts and traveling and friends? I miss everything.” – Carrie (in the red pants)
Despite the fancy title, she is not the kind of person to post endless tablescapes on Instagram, but rather the kind of person who texts you pictures of the massive tree that fell down on her property and crushed her beloved Covid-garden tomatoes.
Post Windstorm. Update from Carrie: the tomatoes bounced backed.
So while we’ve been spending more time than ever in our own (messy) homes and (scruffy) “gardens”, we thought she might have some advice for getting through. Here is Carrie’s current list of Things That Make Her Feel Happier/More Creative and Might Help You Too.
- Making Salsa (Especially with comeback garden tomatoes)
- RIT Dye’s Insta account
- Reading, More specifically The Libby App
- Taylor Swift’s Folklore (sorry)**don’t be sorry Carrie, we aren’t
- This Spotify Playlist “Older Millenial Instant Party Starter.”
- This Crispy Sour Cream and Onion Chicken
- Iced Coffees all day, everyday (usually sipped from spent Not Just jars!)
- Newsletters worth reading, like Girls Night In, Anti-Racism Daily, and Smitten Kitchen
- Netflix’s Grace & Frankie
- Cheese (see below)
Carrie's Cheese Highlights
A New England Classic. Serve with Apple Pie (preferably for breakfast)
“There is currently a 2 pound block in my refrigerator.” – Carrie